Backlinks are one of the most important and influential factor that determines your websites online success. Hence it is always better to have a healthy number of backlinks to your site. The backlinks also should be from good, relevant and quality sites, other wise your site may lose its reputation and may not get help from these backlinks.
It is always a tedious task to track your backlinks and you cannot ignore it as you need to have an eye on your backlinks on a regular basis. You need to check your backlinks to find out whether your link building campaign is working up to the expectations, whether any bad sites are linking to you, how many authority sites are linking to you etc. There are many paid and free tools for checking your backlinks and they have different advantages based upon your requirement. Here I would like to mention around 6 Free backlink checking tools that are useful and easy to use.
1) WebRank Toolbar – This is a Firefox Addon to check your website’s backlinks and shows backlinks as per Google, Bing and Yahoo. Once you install this Addon in your browser you just need to open any website and you can see the backlink details on the browser itself. This toolbar also gives you Google Pagerank, Alexa, Compete and Quantcast Rank and pages indexed.
3) Backlinkwatch – Backlinkwatch is an online backlink checker and provides you the total number of backlinks your site has got. It give additional informations such as the anchor text used for linking, the PR of the site providing the link, the number of links on the page giving the backlink and the type of the backlink (follow or nofollow)
4) Yahoo Site Explorer – Yahoo Site Explorer is another online tool which lets you see the number of backlinks to your site. You just need to enter your site details and Yahoo will show you the number of backlinks your site has got.
5) Google Webmaster Tools – Google Webmaster Tools is yet another powerful tool by Google which helps you to find out the number of backlinks your site has got and it gets updated on a regular basis. You just need to to have a Google Webmaster account and your site must be verified with the Webmaster account, in order to see the backlink results.
6) SEOCentro – SEOCentro is an online tool for checking your backlink popularity and this tool gives you results from Google, Yahoo, Bing etc and usually send you the report via email.